On the aromantic community flag, the two green stripes symbolize the aromantic spectrum, including gray-romanticism.
Gray-romantic experiences may include:
- Feeling "between" aromantic and not
- Identifying with some elements of aromanticism or the aromantic spectrum, without identifying as solely aromantic
- Only infrequently or rarely experiencing romantic attraction
- Feeling unsure about how to identify romantic attraction or how to draw the line between romantic and nonromantic, and consequently feeling unsure about having experienced it or not
- Experience romantic attraction without the desire to act on it
- Experiencing attraction that is only ambiguously romantic 
Like anyone else, gray-romantic people can be romance-indifferent, romance-repulsed, or romance-favorable and may identify with any sexual orientation.